Thursday, February 17, 2011

Savannah Hazel Burchard...

February 13th, 2011
8:56pm
6 pounds, 14.9 ounces
20 inches long

I had to go to the hospital Sunday morning for more tests since my blood pressure was high on Friday and my doctor decided to induce me. I had mild pre-eclampsia so he figured since I was 39 weeks he would rather play it safe before there was a problem. I went into the hospital at about 10am on Sunday but they didn't admit me until 1:15pm ish. They started me on Pitocin right away. About an hour later, the dr came in and broke my water. I was on the birthing ball and walking around for a few hours. At some point in time I decided on getting some pain meds in my IV. I was 4cm dilated then. I laid down and felt okay for 45 minutes and then the pain was just too bad. They checked me and I was 7cm dilated. I decided on an epidural because my contractions were coming way too fast and it just hurt too bad. I felt way better after the epidural but still felt some contraction pain on my right side. They checked me again after about an hour or so and I was already 10cm. I was ready to push. The nurses had me push through one contraction and the baby's head was right there. The dr came in and I pushed through two more contractions and Miss Savannah was here. That was at 8:56pm. All and all I would say that I had a very easy labor and delivery. Even though I couldn't do it natural, I'm proud of myself! hehe. Savannah is absolutely perfect in every way.
Right before pushing time
 Our Family

 Daddy and Savannah

Little Savannah

I'm so happy that she is here. We have had an awesome time with family and have a couple days just the three of us and then we'll have a house full for a week. I'm sure someone will be holding her the whole time we have visitors. lol. She is sleeping so good. We've been having to wake her to eat. She sure is a lazy bones just like she was in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment