Wednesday, June 15, 2011

4 month stats...

Savannah had her 4 month check up yesterday. She had to get a shot in both legs and then a medicine orally.She is growing beautifully as her pediatrician always says. She is 14 1/2 lbs and 25 1/4" long. She is my little chubbers. Her dr said she could start trying out cereal so we tried it tonight. It was sooo cute. Of course she only had a couple spoons full but the dr said it's good to get her used to eating and then at 6 months she'll be ready to start eating all the good stuff. My goal is to make all her baby food. I also want to do organic fruits and veggies. I will buy some organic baby food for when we are out and stuff but for the most part she will have all fresh stuff. I feel like this is way healthier for her.

I haven't been breastfeeding (pumping and feeding by a bottle) for a month now and I am kind of having regrets for not sticking with the pumping. I hope the next baby will not have a latching problem and I will be able to breastfeed. Actual breastfeeding was so rough on me and Savannah and I just couldn't handle it any longer. Also, she was always hungry and I didn't feel like it was right for us. Pumping absolutely sucks and I am very proud of myself for doing it for 3 solid months. I'm also not sure if Savannah has a milk allergy and if the breast milk was what was causing her horrible fussiness. Once I quit giving her breast milk and put her on sensitive formula she was a way happier baby. Oh well, it's over now and maybe next time it will work out better. I guess I shouldn't beat myself up over it.

Here are a few pictures of my poor baby and her bandaids and some of her eating cereal.




1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up! You did what was best for you and your baby and that is what matters. It's awesome that you pumped that long! Pumping seriously is the worst!

    ReplyDelete